YOUR FLAT RATE QUOTE:
- Your flat rate quote is based on the exact description of your move. In order to keep your quote accurate please double check your inventory, flights of stairs or availability of elevators at both locations, and whether all items that require disassembly are included in your quote. All boxes should be packed and all furniture emptied prior to your movers arrival. The majority of our customers end up paying their quoted price.
- If you have additional items your foreman will adjust your quote on site at a rate of $1.00-$1.50 per cubic foot depending on the flights of stairs, etc. Generally, $5 per additional medium box or equivalent.
- If additional disassembly is required there is a charge of $25 per 15 min. Standard IKEA-type bed frames are $45 total (if you have a folding metal frame there won’t be a charge). Storage bed frames take longer to disassemble and usually cost $75-$100.
- Additional charges include tolls and parking meters if required to get to or from your locations. There are a few other less common occurrences that could affect your quote, listed at the end of this doc.
PAYMENT & TIPS:
- We accept credit card for payment including a 3% service charge from the vendor.
- If completely satisfied with your move 15-20% gratuity for the crew is greatly appreciated. This can be calculated from the job total and given directly to the foreman at the end of your job.
- Parking tickets are an unfortunate reality of driving in NYC. We’re great at avoiding them but in the event that there isn’t legal parking in front of your building we will park in the most efficient spot to complete your move – often running the risk of getting a ticket. It can help if you have a friend or partner available that’s willing to wait inside the driver seat of the vehicle while loading. For most tickets we require the customer to split the cost, usually $50. If there is a bike lane or bus stop in front of your building, however, or if you live in the Financial District or Midtown, Manhattan (between 1st and 8th Ave, 14th and 60th Street, inclusive) the customer is responsible for the **entire cost of the ticket.**
- We are extremely careful with our customers’ belongings and the vast majority of our jobs go off without a hitch, but in the event we are responsible for damage to your property we can refund half the retail cost of the damaged item up to half the total price of your move. We do not however accept responsibility for particle board items or items that were previously damaged which we’re asked to move. Please also note, we do not move or accept responsibility for any jewelry, cash or other valuables. If you have any especially valuable items please pack them separately and keep them with you during the moving process.
- If we are unable to get our truck within 100 feet of your elevator or stairwell, due to construction on your block or even an extremely long hallway within a building, there may be a long push charge of 10-20% of your job total depending on distance. Because we charge flat rates the extra time and energy required to move inventory this distance has not been factored into the quote.
- If one large item is not able to fit in your elevator and has to take the stairs there will be a charge of $5-10 per flight depending on the item. If there are more flights of stairs than were included in your quote, additional flights are $25 per flight per 300 cubic feet inventory.
- If we are delayed from completing the job due to some circumstance outside of our control, waiting for a locksmith, for example, there will be a charge of $25 per 15 min.