YOUR FLAT RATE QUOTE:
- Your flat rate quote is based on the exact description of your move. In order to keep your quote accurate please double check your inventory, flights of stairs at both locations, availability of elevators and whether all items which require disassembly are included in your description of services. The majority of our customers end up paying the quoted price.
- If you have additional items your foreman will adjust your quote on site at a rate of $1.00-$1.50 per cubic foot depending on the number of flights, etc. Generally, $3 per additional medium box or equivalent.
- If additional disassembly is required there is a charge of $20 per 10 min. Standard IKEA-type frames are $40 total (if you have a folding metal frame there won’t be a charge). Storage bed frames take longer to disassemble and usually cost $80.
- Additional charges include tolls and parking meters if required at your addresses. There are a few other less common occurrences that could affect your quote, listed at the end of this doc.
PAYMENT & TIPS:
- We require payment in cash, money order or certified check to be paid to the foreman at the end of your job. Please let us know in advance if you’ll be paying with a money order or check.
- If you’re completely satisfied with your move 15-20% gratuity for the crew is greatly appreciated. This can be calculated from the job total and given directly to the foreman at the end of your job.
- Parking tickets are an unfortunate reality of living and moving in NYC. We’re great at avoiding them but in the event that there isn’t legal parking in front of your building we will park in the most efficient spot to complete your move – often running the risk of getting a ticket. It can help if you have a friend or partner available that’s willing to wait with the truck.
- For most tickets we’ll split the cost with you, usually $60 each.
- If there is a bike lane or bus stop in front of your building, however, or if you live in the Financial District or Midtown, Manhattan (between 1st and 8th Ave, 14th and 60th street, inclusive) you are responsible for the entire cost of the ticket.
- We are extremely careful with our customers’ belongings and the vast majority of our jobs go off without a hitch, but in the event we are responsible for damage to your property we can refund half the retail cost of the damaged item up to half the total price of your move.
- If we are unable to get our truck within 100 feet of your elevator or stairwell, due to construction on your block, for example, there may be a 10-15% surcharge for a long distance push.
- If one large item is not able to fit in your elevator and has to take the stairs there will be a charge of $5-10 per flight. If there are more flights of stairs than were included in your quote, additional flights are $20 per flight per 200 cubic feet.
- If we are delayed from completing the job due to some circumstance outside of our control, waiting for a locksmith, for example, there will be a charge of $20 per 15 min.