YOUR FLAT RATE QUOTE:
- Your flat rate quote is based on the exact description of your move. In order to keep your quote accurate please double check your inventory, flights of stairs or availability of elevators at both locations, and whether all items that require disassembly are included in your quote. All boxes should be packed and all furniture emptied prior to your movers arrival. The majority of our customers end up paying their quoted price.
- If there are additional items we will adjust on site at the rate of $1.00-$2.00 per cubic foot; generally $5 per medium box or equivalent. This is the same rate as if the items are marked off in advance.
- Remote moves or working with a proxy will add an additional charge.
- The flat rate quote does not include packing or disassembly of furniture unless noted in the initial quote. If there are items that require dis/re-assembly, such as bed frames, large wardrobes, etc, our rate is $25 per 15 minutes. If you’d like to handle these yourself please do so prior to your movers arrival.
- Additional charges include tolls and parking meters if required to get to or from your locations. There are a few other less common occurrences that could affect your quote, listed at below.
PAYMENT & GRATUITY:
- We accept credit card for payment including a 4% service charge from the vendor.
- If completely satisfied with your move 15-25% gratuity for the crew is greatly appreciated. This can be calculated from the job total and given directly to the foreman at the end of your job.
- Parking tickets are an unfortunate reality of driving in NYC. We’re great at avoiding them but in the event that there isn’t legal parking in front of your building we will park in the most efficient spot to complete your move – often running the risk of getting a ticket. It can help if you have a friend or partner available that’s willing to wait inside the driver seat of the vehicle while loading. For most tickets we require the customer to split the cost, usually $50. If there is a bike lane or bus stop in front of your building, however, or if you live in the Financial District or Midtown, Manhattan (between 1st and 8th Ave, 14th and 60th Street, inclusive) the customer is responsible for the **entire cost of the ticket.**
- We are extremely careful with our customers’ belongings and the vast majority of our jobs go off without a hitch, but in the event we are responsible for damage to your property we can refund the replacement cost of the damaged item up to 35% of the total price of your job. We cannot, however, accept responsibility for damage to particle board items, house plants, or damage caused by furniture that will not fit through a narrow space without custom carpentry or disassembly. We are not able to pack or move jewelry or cash. We are not able to re-assemble baby cribs. Lastly, we can’t accept responsibility for items that are left behind at the pickup location, or misplaced after the move, so please do a walk through with our movers before they leave the pickup location and again after completing the move to confirm all your items are accounted for and in good condition.
- If there are additional flights of stairs there will be a charge of $25 per flight per 300 cubic feet.
- If we have to move your items over 150 ft from our truck to their destination, due to construction on your block or an extremely long hallway, for example, there will be a long push charge of $25 per 50 ft additional distance per 300 cubic ft of inventory.
- If we are delayed from completing a job while on site, waiting for a locksmith for example, we will charge $25 per 15 min for wait time.
- In general, the more prepared our customers are in advance the better we can anticipate and avoid obstacles on the day of your move. We take great pride in our reputation as honest, hard working movers, and aim to complete every move as efficiently and safely as possible.